Pandemic Vigilance Arrangements (Updated on 21 February)
The Club has been closely monitoring the evolving situation of the 2019-nCoV in Hong Kong, noting the increase in cases, which have been contracted locally. Further to the government health bureau’s latest recommendation to reduce social activities in leisure establishments which include clubs, the Club has implemented additional measures as of Monday, 17 February as follows:
• All types of Recreation group classes at all Clubhouses will be suspended until further notice
• Closure of Snack Bar at Happy Valley Clubhouse on Mon - Fri
• Closure of Horseshoe Grill at Beas River Country Club on Mon – Thu
• All restaurants at all Clubhouses and the Happy Valley Racecourse will reduce the number of tables so as to increase the space between tables
The other measures implemented previously would continue to be in place:
• Conduct temperature screening of all Members and guests at the entry points of all Clubhouse and Happy Valley Racecourse 7-day catering outlets
• Cease serving of buffets and salad bars at Clubhouses
• Closure of Centurion Restaurant and Kat O Bar at Sha Tin Clubhouse with effect from Saturday, 15 February (bringing forward its targeted renovation date in April)
• Closure of Children’s Playroom; and Sauna and Steam Rooms
• Any staff who has recently returned from the Mainland China will undergo a mandatory quarantine
• Temperature screening of all staff reporting on duty
• All staff are required to wear face masks whilst on duty
• Increase frequency of facilities’ disinfection
All Members and guests who visited any part of Mainland China in the past 14 days, or who have fever or display any flu like symptoms, should refrain from using any Club facilities. We also strongly appeal to all Members and guests to adhere to the Hong Kong Government’s latest directive, which took effect on Saturday, 8 February to undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days if you have visited any part of Mainland China. The Club reserves the right to refuse any such Member or guest from entering any Club facilities and/or report the matter to the relevant authority where appropriate.
Members and guests intending to travel to Beijing and stay at the Clubhouse should note that as of 14 February, the Beijing Public Security Bureau has directed that all visitors must produce proof of having undergone the mandatory 14-day quarantine in Beijing; failing which, they would need to stay at the Clubhouse for 14 days for monitoring which include temperature screening twice per day.
We would like to ask for the understanding of all Members and guests for these additional measures, which are being introduced to protect the health of both customers and employees. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused.
We will continue to closely follow the development of the novel coronavirus and take further appropriate actions as, and when necessary for the safety of our Members, guests and staff.
Issued on 21 February, 2020 at 16:30