- Horse Owner
- Notice Board
- Ownership Journey
- Privileges and Services
- Glorious Moments
- Owners' Information
- Badges and
- Access to
Badges and Parking Labels
For Owners whose horse is in training
Each Owner whose horse is in training is issued with a seasonal car park label allowing access to the Grandstand II Car Park at Sha Tin. Distribution of Owner's badge(s) and car park label are as follows:
|Owner Type||No. of Badges||No. of Car Park Labels|
|Sole Owner||1 Set||1|
|Partnership (2 partners)||2 Sets||2|
|Partnership (3 partners)||3 Sets||3|
|Partnership (4 partners)||4 Sets||4|
Syndicates who have been Owners since the 2000/2001 season will continue to enjoy their existing race day privileges so long as they have, on a continuous basis, at least one horse in training or been granted an import permit.
Sole Owners can now enjoy enhanced parking privileges when attending a Sha Tin race meeting. In addition to their normal car park labels, a total of 20 car park vouchers (for Sha Tin race meetings only) in the entire season will be issued to each sole Owner, and 40 vouchers to each Sole Owner with two or three horses in training. Vouchers will be sent every three months to Sole Owners for exchanging daily car park labels at the entrance of the Sha Tin Grandstand II car park. These vouchers are not valid on major racedays, as published by the Club.
For Owners whose horse dies or is retired
Any Owner whose horse dies or is retired during the season may retain the owner's badge(s) for the balance of the season in which his/her horse is retired plus the ensuing season. However, such Owner may retain the car park label(s) only for the balance of the season in which his/her horse is retired. Once an Owner sells his/her horse, he/she will lose his/her entitlement to owner's badge(s) and car park label(s).
Please refer to Go Racing for more details on owner facilities.
Owners can visit their horses at stables compound while their horses are in training but they are requested to wear their Owner badge and obtain visitor badges for accompanying guests from the security post at the track entrance gate. They should only visit their own horse(s) and, may visit the stables of other trainers by invitation.
Nevertheless, owners will not be permitted to enter the stables compound to visit their horse on any race day or at the quarantine stables when they are in quarantine.
Opening hours of the stables compound for stable visit:
|All Days (except race days)||Opening Hours|
|Mondays to Sundays||5:30am - 9:00am, and 1:30pm - 5:30pm|
In addition to stable visit, owners can also view their horses at the Trainers’ Stand during morning Trackwork, Barrier Trials and Stalls Tests.
Safety Reminders for Stable Visitors
- Always be accompanied by your Trainer or his representative throughout the visit.
- Always check with your Trainer or his representative to ensure that the food you brought to the stable is suitable for feeding your horse (no feeding is allowed on the day preceding a race day)
- Always follow the safety rules below when feeding and handling your horse
Proper Ways To Approach a Horse
- Do speak to your horse with a gentle voice before approaching.
- Do approach the horse from the left side of its shoulder.
- Do position yourself on the same side where the handler stands.
- Do not approach the horse form the back or stand right in front of it.
- Do not stand close to its flanks or hindquarters as the horse can cow-kick and may injure you.
- Do not make any sudden movements or noise as the horse is sensitive to it and may become restless.
- Do not enter any horse stall to watch or touch your horse as it is not recommended.
Racing Information Notification
Short messages about your horses' entries, declarations, barrier trial entries and change of ratings will be sent to Sole Owners, all Partners, and Syndicate Managers, whose mobile number has been registered with the Club. If you wish to register your mobile number or cancel the SMS service, please call Dual Site Stables Operations and Owners Services at 2966 8350 for assistance.
SMS Notification Schedules:
|Message Type||Day of Notification||Time of Notification|
|Entries||Normally on every Monday and Thursday||1:00pm - 2:30pm|
|Declarations||9:00am - 10:00am|
|Change of Ratings||1:00pm - 2:30pm|
|Barrier Trials Entries||2:00pm - 3:00pm|
The crowning moment of every Owner’s hopes and dreams comes when his / her horse wins a race. Exclusive services for winning owners include the following:
* An unedited DVD of the race will be presented to the winning owner immediately after the race. A fully edited DVD, including paddock parade, the race, photo taking at the Winning Arch and, if applicable the trophy presentation, will be couriered to the winning Owner within 7 working days.
Access to Parade Ring
On race day, all runners will be brought into the parade ring before cantering to the starting gate. Parade ring is the venue for owners to discuss with their trainers and jockeys about their horses' chance of winning before the race. Access to the Parade Ring is restricted to owners with starters and their accompanying guests.
- Children under the age of 10 are not allowed to enter the Parade Ring.
- Please refer to the Club's Dress Code guidelines for accessing to the Parade Ring.